Director of Product, Firefox Search and AI
- Remote US, Remote Canada
To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
About this team and role:
Firefox is used by hundreds of millions worldwide and the Director of Product for Search and AI is a critical role in the product management team. The role will lead a team of PMs and be responsible for the product strategy, vision, and execution of our Search and AI investments. You’ll combine product excellence with strong leadership skills and help build a smart browser that helps our users be productive online.
What you'll do:
- Own and define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our Search and AI investments
- Drive delivery of the search and AI roadmap
- Partner closely with UX, Research, Engineering, Marketing, and Business Development teams
- Synthesize market changes and the technology/people/skills investments needed to deliver great consumer AI experiences
- Help identify new investment areas and product opportunities
- Lead our external to Mozilla Search and AI partnerships
- Contribute to building a world-class product team
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of Product Management experience, including impactful leadership roles on major products
- 5+ years of direct PM management experience.
- Skill and experience driving partner engagements and discussions
- Experience delivering AI-driven consumer facing features
- Drive independently at high velocity towards an aligned strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Don’t tick all of the boxes, but think you’d be a great addition to the team? Apply, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2330
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 2 global offices: Berlin and Toronto
- 9 coworking space locations: San Francisco, San Mateo, London, Paris, Portland, Tulsa, Vancouver, Chicago, and Bellevue
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (majority of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice