The Firefox name or logo on a product or webpage tells you that you are getting a free, high quality, open source browser that has been tested and released by Mozilla. In order to make sure others are not using our trademarks to mislead users into downloading malware, paying for the software, or providing personal information, we need your help.
Please use this form to report any websites or mobile app stores that are:
- Distributing harmful products under Mozilla brands such as Firefox.
- Charging for Firefox, Thunderbird, or any of the Mozilla products.
- Collecting personal information as a condition to download any of the Mozilla software (registration requirement).
- Using the Mozilla trademarks to mislead the public into thinking the site is an official Mozilla site or sponsored by Mozilla.
- Distributing modified versions of Firefox, or any of our Mozilla software, and still using the trademark. Note: anyone may modify Mozilla software, but once modified, it may no longer use Mozilla trademark(s) (e.g. be called Firefox) without a license.
- Using the Mozilla trademarks (including logos) in any other way that violates our Trademark Policy (e.g. trademark is modified or used for commercial purposes).
While the uses of our trademarks described above are not allowed, there are lots of ways our community members can use our trademarks without requesting permission. For more information, please review our Trademark FAQs and Mozilla Style Guide.
This form is only for reporting websites that misuse Mozilla trademarks. If you need to contact us about a different trademark matter, please instead send an email. If you need to contact Mozilla about anything else, please visit our Contacts page for the right way to do so. If you have concerns about non-Mozilla sites engaging in bad activities unrelated to Mozilla trademarks, please don’t use this form and instead contact the owner of that website directly. If you are reporting a site distributing malware or engaged in phishing, please also report the site to the Google Safe Browsing Team.
Thank you for your help!