The Mozilla Corporation's senior executive team is known as the Steering Committee. The Steering Committee is responsible for leadership, coordination among the various groups working together to produce Mozilla's consumer products. The Steering Committee stays abreast of market conditions, charts Mozilla's path through this environment, and sets the direction of Mozilla's general consumer product offerings. The Steering Committee also performs traditional management tasks such as hiring, planning, and resource allocation. It does so in ways that align with Mozilla's non-profit, open-source, community-based identity. The Steering Committee seeks to absorb, distill and reflect Mozilla community values in the exercise of its responsibilities.
The Steering Committee has a standing weekly meeting, periodic multi-day sessions and meets additionally on an as needed basis.
Members of the Steering Committee as of February, 2017 are listed below.
- Mitchell Baker, Chairwoman
- Chris Beard, CEO
- Katharina Borchert, Chief Open Innovation Officer
- Jim Cook, Chief Finance Officer
- Denelle Dixon-Thayer, Chief Legal and Business Officer
- Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, Chief Marketing Officer
- Mark Mayo, Senior Vice President, Firefox
- David Slater, Chief of Staff and SVP of Operations
- Sean White, Senior Vice President, Emerging Technologies