Operating Systems (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003 SP1
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Please note that 64-bit builds of Firefox are only supported on Windows 7 and higher.
To install Firefox on a Windows XP system, because of Windows restrictions, the user will have to download Firefox 43.0.1 and then update to the current release.
From Firefox 53 planned for April 2017, Windows XP/Vista/Server 2008 are no longer supported. These users should migrate to ESR 52 once available (planned for March 2017).
- Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- 512MB of RAM
- 200MB of hard drive space
- Mac OS X 10.9
- Mac OS X 10.10
- Mac OS X 10.11
- Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space
Please note that GNU/Linux distributors may provide packages for your distribution which have different requirements.
- Firefox will not run at all without the following libraries or packages:
- GTK+ 3.4 or higher
- GLib 2.22 or higher
- Pango 1.14 or higher
- X.Org 1.0 or higher (1.7 or higher is recommended)
- libstdc++ 4.6.1 or higher
- For optimal functionality, we recommend the following libraries or packages:
- NetworkManager 0.7 or higher
- DBus 1.0 or higher
- GNOME 2.16 or higher