Open source PKI projects include:
- Network Security Services (NSS)
- Libraries designed to support cross-platform development of security-enabled applications. Applications built with NSS can support SSL v2 and v3, TLS, PKCS #5, PKCS #7, PKCS #11, PKCS #12, S/MIME, X.509 v3 certificates, and other security standards.
- Network Security Services for Python (python-nss)
- A Python interface to NSS providing Python programmers access to most of NSS in a "Pythonic" manner.
- Network Security Services for Java (JSS)
- A Java interface to NSS that supports most of the security standards and encryption technologies supported by NSS. JSS also provides a pure Java interface for ASN.1 types and BER/DER encoding.
- NSS Project Page
- Getting NSS Source code and building it
- JSS Build Instructions
Open Source PKI Goals
- Improve the quality, scalability, and feature set of security code used to create PKI products.
- Encourage the development and deployment of PKI-enabled applications and services throughout the industry, including support for PKI features in more open source applications.
- Improve confidence in security software by encouraging open review of source code.
- Accelerate the growth of a standards-based security foundation for ecommerce and the Internet.
News & Information
Press releases and other sources of information:
To participate in ongoing technical discussions related to NSS and PSM, tune in to the IRC channelNewsgroup: mozilla.dev.tech.crypto
#mozcryptoon the server