Funding Requirements and Eligibility
The Gigabit Community Fund supports pilots of gigabit technologies and associated curricula that show the impact of next-generation networks on learning.
All supported projects must:
- Be piloted in the Chattanooga, TN or Kansas City, MO metropolitan region
- Focus on education or workforce development
- Leverage next-generation technologies like ultra high-speed networking
Participation is open to companies, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations Funding will not be granted to unaffiliated individuals acting on their own. Before submitting your application, please review the Gigabit Community Fund’s Terms and Conditions.
|January 11, 2016||Application Window Opens for 2016|
|February 22, 2016||2016: Round 1 Optional Intent to Apply Form Due|
|March 18, 2016||Round 1 Review Deadline|
|May 1 - August 31, 2016||Round 1 Pilot Period|
|September 15, 2016||Round 2 Optional Intent to Apply Form Due|
|October 18, 2016||Round 2 Review Deadline|
|January 1 - April 30, 2017||Round 2 Pilot Period|
Types of Support
|Project Type||Description||Pilot Requirements||Recommended Funding Level|
Create and test lesson plans that help make gigabit technologies more accessible to educators and learners.
The curriculum must be piloted in at least one organization in Kansas City or Chattanooga.
Pilot gigabit technologies in multiple organizations in a city, strengthening the local gigabit ecosystem.
The project must be piloted in two or more organizations in Kansas City or Chattanooga.
Pilot gigabit technologies across communities, helping build a national gigabit ecosystem.
The project must be piloted with organizational partners in at least two gigabit cities. Kansas City or Chattanooga must be one of the represented cities.
How to Apply
We’re here to help make applying for a Gigabit Community Fund grant as easy as possible! We strongly encourage you to get in touch with us via email or Twitter as you prepare your application. Going to a meetup hosted by Hive KC or Hive CHA is another great way to get help on your proposal.
To submit an application for funding, follow these steps:
- Review the Gigabit Community Fund’s Terms and Conditions.
- Submit an optional Intent to Apply form. Though not required, this Intent to Apply form will help our project staff provide you with valuable proposal feedback ahead of the application deadline.
- Prepare your application using our Handy Template.
- Register on our StartupCompete site and submit your application for review.