Staff Operations Engineer
- MozProd Infrastructure
- Remote Canada, Remote UK, Remote US, Remote Germany
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company that has shaped the internet for the better over the last 25 years. We make pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best content online. Now, with more than 225 million people around the world using our products each month, we’re shaping the next 25 years of technology. Our work focuses on diverse areas including AI, social media, security and more. And we’re doing this while never losing our focus on our core mission – to make the internet better for everyone.
The Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the non-profit 501(c) Mozilla Foundation. This means we aren’t beholden to any shareholders — only to our mission. Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozillians design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this role:
Mozilla is seeking a Staff Operations Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and improving critical systems vital to the everyday operations of the enterprise! The person in this role will succeed in contributing to others’ success and seeking opportunities to collaborate for the collective benefit. Expectations of work for this position will vary from performing a task to being more involved by mentoring skills. This will be someone who enjoys working with a wide range of technologies, solutions, and experiences, passionately solutions to the immediate needs of the day while keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to all aspects of a project, including but not limited to leading, planning, testing, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Lead cross-functional groups to identify, evaluate, and propose solutions for business problems.
- Function with a customer service mentality, addressing their needs in perspective of the macro outcome (not just address the immediate problem, but solve how to reduce the problem recurrence, friction to a solution, and preemptive awareness of the problem).
- Roadmap and plan opportunities for continuous improvement (how can I develop a thing/process into something more accessible, self-serviceable, lower friction, delegable, more sustainable/scalable, etc.).
- Document status, process, procedures, etc., transparently, whereas anyone else can see who/what/when/where/why/how something was/should be done.
- Lead independently in a dynamic environment.
What you'll bring:
- BS in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of practical enterprise-scale experience in
- Identity Access Management technologies
- Public cloud services
- Linux OSs
- Commitment to our values:
- Welcoming differences
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
- Having grit
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. We’re not a normal tech company. The things we create prioritize people and their privacy over profits. We exist to make the internet a healthier, happier place for everyone
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla believes in the value of diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge, and knows diversity, equity and inclusion are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2408
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 2 global offices: Berlin and Toronto
- 9 coworking space locations: San Francisco, San Mateo, London, Paris, Portland, Tulsa, Vancouver, Chicago, and Bellevue
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (majority of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice