Senior Staff Product Manager, Firefox Extensions
- Remote France, Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote UK, Remote Germany
To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company that has shaped the internet for the better over the last 25 years. We make pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, a service for keeping up with the best content online. Now, with more than 225 million people around the world using our products each month, we’re shaping the next 25 years of technology. Our work focuses on diverse areas including AI, social media, security and more. And we’re doing this while never losing our focus on our core mission – to make the internet better for everyone.
The Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the non-profit 501(c) Mozilla Foundation. This means we aren’t beholden to any shareholders — only to our mission. Along with 60,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozillians design, build and distribute open-source software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About this team and role:
Firefox is where the information you need and the web you use come together to get things done. Extensions and integrations help Firefox users go beyond the basic web, putting them at the center of their online experience, shaping the internet to their needs.
Mozilla is looking for an experienced product manager to bring out the best in browser extensibility, delivering powerful experiences to Firefox users around the world. This role is focused on the end-user experience, beginning with the discovery of extensions online and continuing through the extension experience in Firefox itself. Help us spot opportunities and lead initiatives, crafting a premiere extension ecosystem for Firefox!What you'll do:
- Own the experience for extensions inside of Firefox, including discovery, installation, management, engagement, and troubleshooting.
- Assume product leadership for Firefox’s online extension store, guiding design and development that make finding and using Firefox extensions a frictionless experience.
- Bring innovative product discovery and experimentation techniques to identify new surfaces in Firefox where extensions can make a difference.
- Identify and prioritize user needs and enable new use cases for extensions that contribute to a complete Firefox strategy.
- Build a streamlined user journey, from initial contact and on-boarding through installation and use
- Product Management experience leading and optimizing user-facing web properties with millions of monthly users
- Proven collaborator with engineering and designers, leading iterations of development towards an optimal user experience
- Excellent planning and project management skills; demonstrated ability to drive roadmaps, effectively handling priorities to meet requirements in a multifaceted and fast paced environment, while working on different projects simultaneously
- Solid understanding of technical software architectures and data infrastructure principles
- A relationship builder, dedicated to conveying truth, not necessarily garnering consensus
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented, driven and open to receiving feedback, coaching, and direction
- Experience working with or supporting extensions in a software product
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team with remote colleagues
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/AD&D, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2378
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 1000+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 2 global offices: Berlin and Toronto
- 9 coworking space locations: San Francisco, San Mateo, London, Paris, Portland, Tulsa, Vancouver, Chicago, and Bellevue
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (majority of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice