Staff Full Stack Engineer, Innovation Studio
- New Products
- Remote Canada, Remote US
To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
The Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company that is on a mission to ensure the internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. We design, build and distribute open-source software that enables more than 225 million people around the world to enjoy the internet on their terms.
The team and opportunity
Mozilla’s Innovation Studio is a fast-paced organization of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial minded individuals. We build new products and experiment quickly to improve and extend the way people access and engage on the Web.
We are looking for a Staff Full Stack Engineer with experience in building and architecting cloud applications to help us develop prototypes and new products. You will be a part of a small cross-functional team with engineering, design, and product.
What you’ll do...
- Build back-end infra atop Google Cloud and assist on front-end experiences for a new product ideas within the Innovation Studio.
- Enable integrations with a variety of services including Google, Firebase, OpenAI and others.
- Work cross-functionally with other engineers, design and product management.
- Participate in code/design/architecture reviews; clearly communicate alternative viewpoints.
- Engage in team and project retrospectives so that you and your team can learn from mistakes and avoid them in the future.
What you’ll bring...
- Cloud application architecture and building blocks expertise with in-depth knowledge about compute, storage and interfaces with GCP.
- Experience building advanced React controls and components. Familiarity with React context state management APIs.
- Comfortable writing and maintaining unit tests
- At least 5 years of experience with full-stack development including front-end on production applications with 100s of K to millions of users.
- Have integrated with Firebase and are familiar with Firebase authentication.
- Experience in SEO, domain provisioning, online payment systems and scheduling systems.
- Prior experience with website scraping
- Familiar with Bootstrap-like UI frameworks.
- Experience with REST and OAuth API integrations into popular web services (eg AI services, calendar services, analytics services)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1967
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice