Senior Engineering Manager, Ads
- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.About this team and role
We’re growing the Mozilla Ads product team, focused on display advertising in Mozilla products that is privacy-respecting and values-aligned. The Senior Engineering Manager in this role will grow and lead the team that will build and own the core backend systems that support clients (Firefox, MDN, Pocket, etc). You and your team will be the subject matter experts when it comes to advertising, providing guidance and shepherding to various product teams across Mozilla.What you’ll do…
- Mentor and develop a team of 5-8 software engineers.
- Lead the completion of major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Ensure that the software your team delivers is high quality, measurable, and maintainable.
- Develop and communicate the roadmap, scope, and risks of your team’s projects.
- Anticipate headcount needs for the team and recruit to fill those needs.
- Be a member of the Mozilla community, working on initiatives with peers and other teams.
- Help your team members further develop their careers.
- Champion Mozilla’s cultural values on the team with positivity and enthusiasm
- 10 years of overall software engineering experience with at least 4 years of people management experience.
- Proven ability to successfully lead and ship desktop software projects.
- Ability to influence roadmaps and execution in the teams you partner with
- Proficiency with software development practices for issue triage, prioritization, and execution.
- Ability to take initiative in a loosely structured environment to lead your team to success.
- Experience handling geographically-distributed team members with different skill sets from your own.
Bonus points for…
- Experience in digital advertising or advertising platforms
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2176
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice