Product Marketing Lead
- Remote US, Remote Canada
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla is looking for an outstandingly well-rounded product marketing leader to join a passionate team that is changing the way the world experiences today’s web!
This is a critical marketing role that will be responsible for driving high-level strategy and product adoption for Mozilla's products. The right person will drive market landscape and consumer analyses, inform long-term business and product strategy, and bring products to market with compelling, effective marketing activations.
To do this, you’ll build deep partnerships with product, design, editorial and engineering leadership, as well as cross-channel marketing partners to build a connection between product strategy and marketing strategy.
A customer-centric, analytical, and creative marketing leader who thrives in ambiguity and challenges the status quo. A strong partner with the ability to translate across technical, data, and creative teams and empower action with cross-functional partners. You can communicate strategies, results, and insights to all levels of the organization. A consistent track record of leading through influence is critical. You have successfully led cross-functional marketing efforts at every stage of the product lifecycle, from concept to launch to scale.
- Develop and drive high-level marketing strategy for emerging social products at Mozilla
- Understand the dynamic needs of creators, publishers, and consumers of social products and communicate those needs to inform product, brand, and creative concepts.
- Work in partnership and cross functionally across product, design, engineering and research leadership to influence our product direction and lead how we bring new products and features to market.
- Lead the development of marketing plans that bring our products to life with innovative, creative, and effective plans and deliver measurable growth results.
- Work closely with senior leadership to align on the strategy and resourcing needs to deliver on social growth plans.
- Operate as a leader on the product marketing team, lifting the capabilities of the team as a whole.
Your Professional Profile:
- 10+ years of professional experience in product marketing, preferably with experience on social products
- Experience leading and strengthening a team to deliver excellence
- Expert in marketing with demonstrated ability to drive product adoption and engagement.
- Track record of delivering multiple innovative projects in a dynamic environment, strong project management experience.
- Problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, leadership, and cross-functional teams
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2183
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice