Community Manager, Community Programs
- Remote Germany
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to ensure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators worldwide, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic community manager, passionate about helping communities succeed. Mozilla seeks to work with a network of positive actors around the world. From ethical tech companies to civil society, we are passionate about uniting to help make the internet open and accessible for anyone.
You will have the opportunity to work across multiple communities to support their success, including Customer Support,
Mozilla’s support platform is used by more than 1 million people a day and is fully powered by a passionate community of volunteers. You will support and grow this community who spend their time answering questions, writing and localizing knowledge base articles into more than 50 languages.
You will also work with the Community Programs team to enable contributors to easily participate in Mozilla’s contribution opportunities and serve as a center of excellence for community managers across the organization.
What you’ll get to do:
- Engage with the Support community: Actively participate in community discussions, provide support and encouragement to members, and moderate interactions to maintain a positive and respectful environment.
- Develop and implement strategies for Support community growth, engagement, and retention, while ensuring alignment with the organization's vision and goals.
- Run on-the-ground coordination for community programs and organize community events by responding to inquiries, offering guidance, moderating channels and mediating disputes.
- Organize community Engagement calls (monthly pan-Mozilla Community call and monthly Support Community call) and communications. Be responsible for coordinating news announcements for the community across the organization in various channels.
- Reviewing and vet requests for resources (swag, money) and access (NDA, Slack). Coordinate the process for reimbursement of expenses and distribution of swag for volunteers. Timely effective distribution and compliance with Mozilla policies.
- Ensure the health of our community by supporting fellow Community Managers in imposing our CPG (Community Participation Guidelines).
- Set up and grow new communities at Mozilla focused on the future of technology and the company.
What You Bring:
- A strong communicator that can pass the message across different platforms.
- A people person passionate about community engagement and community building.
- Strong skills for collaboration and building relationships internally and externally.
- Someone empathetic and able to listen and understand different perspectives, cultures and points of view.
- Proven ability to foster a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem-solving, and teamwork
The Skills and Background you bring…
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- CRM experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in community development, building or management.
- Experience with social media tools.
- Ability to work with a distributed team.
- Experience working with diverse global online communities.
- Knowledge of inclusive practices for community building, including code of conduct enforcement.
- Socially intelligent.
- Being able to adapt and work independently continually.
- Background on working in marketing, publishing, or tech.
- Worked with open source communities and developer audiences.
- Fluent in more than one language (preferably in French or/and Spanish).
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2181
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice