Senior Product Manager, Firefox Mobile (6 month Contract)
- Office of the CEO
- Remote US, Remote Canada
The person in this role will work in a highly collaborative environment to research customers' pain points in resource-constrained markets, prioritize the most important use cases, and lead ideation and concept development with design and engineering peers.
Bonus points for Product Management and/or technical experience in web browsers, deep technical and product knowledge of mobile apps,and experience developing products for resource-constrained markets.
About Firefox Product Management
- We are a team of adaptable product leaders who believe that product management is an apprentice craft fostered and developed through open dialogue and peer feedback.
- Our flavor of product management is Technical Product Management. We are directly part of the engineering and UX teams that deliver value.
- We believe in the value of data, both qualitative and quantitative, to develop rich insights and continuous measurement through experimentation, data analysis, hypothesis, and tracking metrics to measure our progress toward our goals.
- We partner richly and align teams towards a shared perspective about the product we intend to ship and shepherd this product vision through the product development process.
- Collaborate with User Research and Data Science to develop a strong understanding of pain points in resource-constrained markets (especially within Africa, Latin America, or Asia).
- Collaborate with Firefox Mobile UX Design, Engineering, and Platform teams to define a Roadmap of prioritized features to address those pain points.
- Define metrics and counter metrics to determine the success of the program.
- Work Closely with Cross-functional partners to develop and deploy these features in the Firefox Mobile browser apps.
- Collaborate with PMM's to develop a GTM strategy for this program.
- Contribute to healthy cross-team relationships.
- Bring your full and authentic self!
- 5 or more years of direct product management experience, including impactful leadership roles on consumer-facing applications with millions of users.
- 3 years Mobile Product Management experience ideally in a resource constraint country.
- Skill and experience driving partner engagements and discussions.
- Drive independently at high velocity towards an aligned product strategy.
- You can reason through problems from multiple perspectives.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are capable of storytelling complex ideas in written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in or developing products for resource-constrained markets.
- Professional experience in Africa, Latin America, and Asia is a bonus.
- Fluency in Global Majority languages including Spanish, French, and Hindi.
- Skill and experience participating in new product launches and product discovery.
- Prior experience building or being a part of fast-growing product teams.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice