Director, People Business Partner
- People & Organizational Development
- Remote US
To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation's staff are driven by our vision of becoming the trusted guide to a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
This is a new role partnering with our Chief Product Officer to accelerate the growth and impact of Mozilla’s existing products while setting the foundation for new product development. You will have an opportunity to drive significant impact at a time when Mozilla is positioned to build software that is unambiguously good for the world at scale. You’ll do this by developing a team of People Business Partners and bringing your thought leadership in organizational effectiveness, talent development, and leadership coaching.
If you’re interested in helping us take on some of the internet’s biggest challenges — openness, accessibility, safety, privacy, security, interoperability, individual agency and more, we look forward to learning more about you!
- Build strategic alignment across business and people imperatives so your team can do their best work and are recognized as trusted advisors and embedded leaders.
- Deliver scalable people programs using user centered design (e.g. inclusion programs, performance management, engagement survey planning, talent development, culture transformation initiatives, job architecture, etc.)
- Lead effective organizational and cultural change that will enable a deep and sustained adoption of our multi-year people roadmap.
- Gain a detailed understanding of our product vision and overall business strategy to provide insight into organizational needs and talent priorities
- Be a thought partner and advisor to the Mozprod and Firefox leadership teams, with the intention to grow manager effectiveness and operational depth at all levels
- Champion and instill guiding principles for PBPs that include balanced advocacy, courage, and curiosity, and partner with legal counsel to address complex employee relations issues underpinned by investments in strengthening our culture
- Partner with functional leaders and our inclusion, diversity, equity and accountability (IDEA) team to deliver talent plans that position us for long-term success while deepening our team’s sense of belonging
- Collaborate with People Science to help leaders proactively discuss trends and integrate people insights into data-informed decisions
What You’ll Bring
- 12+ years of progressive experience as an HRBP working with senior executives in product, technology, or engineering functions, ideally with 5+ years building and developing HRBP teams in environments of high growth and transformation
- Ability to flex between strategic, analytical, and creative thinking while rolling your sleeves up to deliver on priorities
- You’re energized by sophisticated problems yet drive towards simple and effective solutions with experience building people programs from ground up and seeing them at scale
- A curious and consultative approach and while balancing inquiry, facilitation, and strong recommendations when needed
- A history of establishing and building positive relationships across all levels of the organization, within and outside of the HR function
- First principles thinking, with the ability to see possibilities from constraints and ask hard questions
- A generative and courageous leadership style that invites everyone to uphold intellectual honesty, set the standard, and speak up!
- You know when processes enable scale and equity and when we should weigh people over process.
- You draw from a mix of logic, intuition, analytics, and experience to create new insights!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2121
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice