Data Analyst - Customer Experience (6 month Contract)
- Remote US
The Customer Experience team is a small team with an outsized impact at Mozilla. We’re responsible for supporting Mozilla’s family of products including Firefox, Pocket, Mozilla VPN, and more. Our team is responsible for Mozilla’s support platform (SUMO), which hosts our knowledge base and is home to a global community of hardworking volunteers who spend their time answering user questions and writing and localizing knowledge base articles into more than 50 languages. We partner with teams across Mozilla to support initiatives large and small, and share valuable insights we earn from our support interactions to help improve our products and services.
What you’ll do
- Collect, clean, and transform data from various sources
- Ensure data accuracy and validity, and align to industry customer experience metric definitions
- Create and present reports and dashboards to communicate insights and findings to stakeholders
- Assist with the identification of patterns, trends, and anomalies in data to inform business decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for data-driven improvements
What you already have:
- 3+ years in data analysis, data science, or related field
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with data warehouse and visualization tools, such as Big Query, Looker, and Looker Studio
- An energetic, passionate, and positive approach to problem solving
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice