Sr. Finance Systems Analyst
- Finance and Accounting
- Remote US
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic resource allocation and day-to-day financial operations as it scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology, and business models to serve users better and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
Senior Financial Systems Analyst will report directly to the Head of FP&A. This role will collaborate with Finance leadership to execute against the organization's strategic direction to deliver continuous improvements in Finance system functionality in line with product development and company strategy. This role will also partner with other functions in designing, implementing, and maintaining technology and data architecture solutions to optimize business processes for accounting and financial reporting and metrics. As part of a team, the role will also lead business systems initiatives and will build the strategy, and lead the execution of technology initiatives, as well as maintain daily operations of the existing accounting & finance systems and tools. You must have a desire for continuous improvement. This role will deliver outcomes quickly, enable us to inspire change, and improve our ability to scale Finance's impact while actively and effectively engaging with the business!
What You Will Do
- Lead the implementation of our new FP&A system
- Own and maintain the FP&A system, including integrations with HRIS and ERP
- Troubleshoot system issues and identify solutions to problems
- Train and support users of the FP&A system
- Drive process improvements in forecasting
- Partner with Finance Business Systems to help implement digital technologies to improve operational effectiveness, compliance, and reporting, incorporating digital enablers for end-to-end finance processes (such as procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report) by assessing challenges/needs/gaps
- Drive a strategic Finance planning process, organizational assessments, and discussions with partners to understand the business environment, future capability needs, develop strategic priorities and assess the organization resources/changes required to achieve them.
- Work with all digital finance transformation partners to ensure prioritization and execution of project plan aligns with the Company's goals
- Partner with cross-organization customers to identify and integrate technologies to produce and consume data enhancing our business intelligence and reporting
- Establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or a related field
- Minimum 3 years administration of FP&A and/or accounting systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience forecasting and analyzing financial data
- Demonstrated project experience in complex Finance system migrations & implementations
- Experience with Netsuite and Workday is highly preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (e.g., Looker) is a plus
- Project Management experience is a plus, with a strong understanding of accounting and finance compliance requirements
- Experience in roles delivering impact across the organization, for example, consulting; passionate about strategy implementation; and strategy/business operations in a technology company
- Experience with Accounting/Finance and Information Technologies processes and systems
- Highly skilled at building relationships to influence agendas and drive priorities and programs
- Strategic view with a high tolerance for ambiguity and ability to build structures and approaches to resolve it
- Outstanding problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Excellent judgment and the ability to maintain composure in balancing priorities
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills to establish credibility, influence, and collaborate with both internal and external partners
- Outstanding, confident leadership in an open and collaborative environment, willingness for new insights and experimentation, and results-oriented
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and a commitment to excellence
You will likely be happy and productive in this role if you..
- You get things done and can move quickly and smartly to set goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Analytical. You know how to crunch data in Excel and build compelling presentations and are comfortable with numbers and how to use them to get results
- Have a strong builder mentality and can bring order to uncertainty
- Can effectively challenge the status quo and plan a forward-looking roadmap
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2132
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice