Contract Product Manager, Firefox Desktop
- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote Canada, Remote US
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
This is a 6-month contract position
US Tier 1 Locations: $94.00 USD - $137.00 USD
US Tier 2 Locations: $86.00 USD - $126.00 USD
US Tier 3 Locations: $79.00 USD - $116.00 USD
Our goal with Firefox is to provide a world-class experience in design and ease of use, coupled with the privacy and performance people expect from Firefox. With each new release Firefox we will raise the industry bar with experience design, and we're looking for a Senior Product Manager with significant UI/UX experience to assist us as we set a new standard in experiences that are well crafted, trustworthy and delightful.
We are looking for a highly motivated, collaborative Sr. Staff Product Manager to help build compelling product experiences for the Firefox Desktop client. These experiences may include future investments in Desktop integration, or Shopping depending on the candidate's background.
About Firefox Product Management
We are a team of adaptable product leaders who believe that product management is an apprentice craft that is fostered and developed through open dialogue and peer feedback.
Our flavor of product management is Technical Product Management. We operate as a direct part of the engineering, and UX teams that deliver value.
We believe in the value of qualitative data to develop rich insights and continuous measurement through experimentation, data analysis, hypothesis, and tracking metrics to measure our progress towards goal.
We partner richly and align teams towards a shared perspective about the product we intend to ship and shepherd this product vision through the product development process.
- Contribute to the definition of roadmap for your Product Area.
- Operate as the embedded Product Manager for an engineering squad that delivers user-facing UI experiences.
- Partner with Design to outline and document the app architecture and key experiences including motion design and user interface specification.
- Inventory components needed to support upcoming roadmap and functionality.
- Educate internal partners on the value of design and user experience.
- Contribute to a world-class product team.
- Stay ahead of consumer and interface trends across devices to translate into new interaction paradigms.
- Contribute to healthy cross-team relationships.
- Bring your full and authentic self!
- A non-profit (Mozilla), our purpose is our mission.
- Be a part of establishing, mentoring, and developing a world-class product management team.
- Choose your own computing device.
- Shape the future of the internet!
- Six or more years of direct product management experience including impactful leadership roles on consumer-facing applications with millions of users.
- Skill and experience driving partner engagements and discussions
- Drive independently at high velocity towards an aligned product strategy
- You can reason through problems from multiple perspectives.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are capable of storytelling complex ideas in written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of the native application ecosystem on Windows, OSX, or Linux.
- Experience with shopping service products particular products with affiliate marketing and or cash back services
- Skill and experience participating in new product launches and product discovery
- Prior experience building or being a part of fast-growing product teams
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunities and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice