Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Remote Germany, Remote UK, Remote Canada, Remote US
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
A lot of companies say they are “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla’s Release SRE Team is looking for a SRE to help us build and maintain infrastructure that supports the build, test, and release process. You will combine skills from DevOps/SRE, systems administration, and software development to create and improve cloud and on-prem image configuration, deployment and management.
As a SRE you will work closely with Mozilla’s engineering and product teams and participate in significant engineering projects across the company. You will collaborate with hard working engineers across different levels of experience and backgrounds. Most of your work will involve improving existing systems, building new infrastructure, evaluating tools and eliminating toil!
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Manage infrastructure in GCP, Azure, AWS and Mac Stadium
- Manage on premise performance infrastructure: HP, Mac, Intel NUCs
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts, metrics and monitoring tooling
- Work with Engineering and Performance teams teams to create robust CI/CD infrastructure
- Work with other SREs and software development teams to deliver products with an eye on reliability and automation
- Demonstrate accountability in the delivery of work
- Spot and raise potential issues to the team
- Be on-call for build and release pipelines
- Comfortable troubleshooting difficult or ambiguous issues
Your Professional Profile:
- Demonstrated ability related to either backend software development or cloud operations or experience related DevOps/SRE
- Administration of MacOS and Ubuntu
- Good understanding of REST APIs
- Good understanding CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Experience using and managing docker containers
- Experience programming in Bash and Python
- Involvement in running services in the cloud
- Experience using Infrastructure as code tooling such as Puppet and Terraform
- Strong communication skills
- Curiosity and interest in learning new things
We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- Code signing, Apple Signing
- Experience managing mobile devices
- Experience with Mercurial SCM
- Experience with TaskCluster
- Experience programming in the following languages: Powershell, Go, Node.js or Rust
- Experience with Github Actions, Circle CI, Travis CI
- Open source software involvement
- Monitoring/Logging with technologies like Grafana, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Time-series databases like InfluxDB
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2111
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice