Senior Security Engineer - Incident Response
- Trust & Security
- Remote Germany, Remote UK
Germany Locations: €68,000.00 EUR - €100,000.00 EUR
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla is looking for an Incident Responder to monitor and mitigate attacks across Mozilla’s products and services. In this position, you will be a part of a flexible team responsible for handling security incidents. As such, you’ll need to have years of practical security experience and knowledge of the state of the art for detecting and responding to attacks. You’ll be someone Mozillians across the company depend on and trust to respond quickly and effectively in a crunch, with the outstanding communication and collaboration skills needed to work in partnership with diverse team members. Most importantly, you will become a critical member of the team responsible for ensuring the integrity of Mozilla’s products and for keeping Mozilla’s users safe, within a company dedicated to building a more secure internet!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and respond to security incidents on a global scale.
- Design and maintain a portfolio of security alerts, automated actions, playbooks and critical issue workflows in support of a high-performing 24/7 incident response capability.
- Conduct threat hunting activities, anticipate future threats, and maintain forward-thinking strategies for tools/technology/processes that combat sophisticated threat actors.
- Research threat intelligence reports, triage and manage resulting workflows.
- Partner with key stakeholders and communicate effectively to maintain a continuously improving feedback loop of preparation, identification, analysis, containment, and post mortem activities.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability managing security incidents at a global scale and/or experience working in Security Operations Centers (SOC), Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT), and Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRT).
- Expertise with security information and event management (SIEM) systems (eg. ELK, Google BigQuery, Splunk, etc.). Splunk proficiency is mandatory.
- Expertise with Splunk security orchestration and automation (SOAR) platform.
- Superb communication and leadership capacity; ability to partner effectively with diverse company stakeholders.
- Real-world experience in software development and/or engineering operations for consumer products and services; B.S. in a technology-focused field is helpful.
- Practical experience working with cloud technologies (eg. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- Ownership and Accountability
- High Level of Integrity
- Clear Communication
- Creative Problem Solver
- Passionate about Security
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2105
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice