Sr. Software Engineer – Layout (CSS and API Support)
- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Senior Software Engineer - Layout (CSS and API Support), Mozilla Corporation, Portland, Oregon: Improve Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) style system, within Mozilla’s Gecko Engine and design solutions for efficient implementation within the Firefox Browser Layout Architecture stack. Write code, browser tests, and specifications and build prototypes and reference implementations for the Firefox browser. Convert user feedback into actionable bug reports, feature designs, and input into the strategic direction of Web Platform to make Firefox more effective and efficient. Refactor existing code to optimize for Firefox performance, repair and update automated test scripts to adapt to changes in the codebase, and verify that released code is functioning correctly and efficiently.
Bachelor's in Computer Science required.
Of experience required, must have one year of experience working in the Gecko browser engine or similar.
Must also have experience working with:
- CSS Shapes, CSS Transform, CSS Motion Path, CSS Easing, and CSS Sizing;
- Resize Observer Application Programming Interface (API) and Web Animation API; and
- Bugzilla or comparable defect management and workflow tool.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
Position may be eligible for telecommuting from anywhere in the United States.
Salary: $116,475.00 to $176,234.06 per year.
Apply online: careers.mozilla.org/listings.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice