- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote Europe, Remote US
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision to be the trusted guide through a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
The Senior Vice President will lead all of the teams that cover engineering, Product, UX for both our mobile and desktop applications for our flagship Firefox product. We’re looking for an experienced leader that is passionate about building exciting teams, finding innovative solutions to complex problems, shipping quality software and wanting to make an impact with how the world uses the Internet. You’ll lead a set of world class teams, working on a product that is used by millions worldwide.
As a SVP of Firefox here at Mozilla, you will…
- Build and own the execution for the longer-term strategy for Firefox
- Create an inclusive environment which engages and challenges your team members and exposes them to new opportunities
- Communicate your organizational goals and drive the delivery of initiatives on clear timelines
- Work collaboratively with many teams across Mozilla including Pocket, Relay, Rally, Privacy and Security
Your Professional Profile
- 20+ years of professional experience within the software engineering industry, working across a diverse range of companies and products
- 10+ years of management experience, with experience managing leaders and working across multiple distributed teams
- Experience leading teams of 200 or more, managing across a range of skills, including experience leading large product organizations
- Experience driving multiple large scale concurrent projects and able to focus your efforts to drive towards maximal impact
- Passion to resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Able to hire, mentor, empower, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed teams with different skills from your own
Mozilla exists to ensure that the internet is a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1998
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice