- Remote US, Remote Europe
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to ensure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators worldwide, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We’re looking for an effective program manager, passionate about getting sophisticated community programs started and running optimally. Mozilla seeks to work with a network of positive actors around the world. From ethical tech companies to civil society, we are passionate about uniting to help make the internet open and accessible for anyone.
In this role, you will manage community programs with a clear value exchange, reach communities at scale, and drive the Mozilla mission forward. You will work closely with product leaders and cross-functional marketing teams to source, negotiate, and implement complex partnerships. You will also partner with fellow community professionals to create and execute strategies to grow and scale community programs. Together we will build programs and offerings to optimize impact and efficiency based on community feedback and insights to introduce audiences to Mozilla’s headline products and emerging tech, as well as with our networks of publishing and developers to grow their impact and businesses. Mozilla lives at the intersection of tech and culture, and this is where our partnerships start and succeed.
What you’ll get to do
- Establish processes and infrastructure with an aim to engage new community audiences.
- Use data to connect Mozilla advocates to engagement opportunities.
- Build and establish relationships with our product managers, business development unit, community professionals and marketing colleagues to develop impactful work.
- Complete program goals, proactively solving problems and influencing different internal and external partners.
- Establish metrics for success and being accountable for your programs in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate about the programs internally and externally.
- Scale current community work with an aim to reach new audiences.
- Build relationships with existing communities, and businesses engaged with and/or using Mozilla technology.
What You Bring
- A hands-on problem solver that can execute in complex environments influencing various partners -- internal and external -- to get projects done.
- A proven background in community development that drives business outcomes.
- Someone who knows how to work across functions (e.g., Product and Engineering, User Research and Marketing, Data Science, Finance) to help identify and pursue new product, service, and market expansion opportunities, including sizing the opportunity, building the go-to-market approach and helping to define the strategy for each.
- Strong skills for collaboration and building relationships internally and externally.
- A growth mindset
- Proven ability to foster a culture of excellence grounded in people development, learning, problem solving, and teamwork
The Skills and Background you bring…
- Minimum 5 years of program management experience, or equivalent experience.
- Background in community development, building or management.
- Success working in marketing, publishing, or tech with an understanding of product life cycles and strategic partnerships to drive marketing outcomes.
- Ability to influence others in order to execute.
- Ability to work independently in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Background in organizing grass route movements
- Background in open source and or working with developers audience.
- Speak more than one language.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2038
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice