- Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re “purposeful”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available and safe to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms! Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We are currently hiring for a Product Marketing Manager. This is a critical marketing role that will help analyze market landscapes, advise product decisions, and bring products to market with compelling marketing activations. You’ll understand and advocate for user needs and launch thought-provoking and inspirational marketing programs.
To do this, you’ll build deep partnerships with our Product teams, as well as cross-channel marketing partners. You will build a connection between product strategy and marketing strategy. And you’ll bring ideas about how we can turn product proof points into marketing content that drives product adoption and retention. Along the way, you’ll learn and grow as you partner with senior product marketers and leaders.
A customer-centric, creative, and results-oriented marketer. You have a deep customer appreciation and are adept with data and insights. You love taking ownership over your projects and have a passion for delivering excellence. You’re a strong and collaborative partner with the ability to translate across technical, data, and creative teams. You can communicate strategies, results, and insights effectively, to all levels of the organization. You have strong project management skills to help you lead multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. You have an excitement for learning and you’re open to new experiences and challenges.
- Develop strategic, insightful Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy recommendations, demonstrating a strong understanding of the competitive marketplace and industry trends
- Partner closely with our product, design, engineering and research teams as they develop new products and features to bring to market
- Analyze market, competitive, and audience insights to deliver practical recommendations to acquire, educate and retain customers
- Define and detail insightful positioning and messaging that will advise marketing partners to deliver effective campaigns for products and services including digital advertising, SEM, PR, social media, and retention
- Articulate the go-to-market goals, achievements, and details to partners and leaders, ensuring there is clear communication and alignment across product, marketing and leadership
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams for GTM strategy, activations and product launches
Your Professional Profile:
- 2+ years of professional experience in marketing in a B2C corporate or startup environment
- Have experience with marketing, advertising, and/or growth activities
- Experience leading cross-functional projects where your influence is indirect
- Excellent communication skills
- Agency experience, or equivalent experience working brand/client side in a highly cross-functional organization where a high degree of collaboration is preferred
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2032
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice