- Business Development
- Remote Canada, Remote US
Mozilla Corporation is the non-profit-backed technology company behind pioneering brands like Firefox, the privacy-minded web browser, and Pocket, the content discovery platform. More than 270 million people around the world use its products each month.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff are driven by our vision to be the trusted guide through a joyful internet. We design, build and distribute software that enables people to enjoy the internet on their terms.
About the Position & Team
Mozilla’s Business and Corporate Development team leads strategic and product partnerships, distribution, growth, exploration, mergers & acquisitions and investment activities. Our Corporate Development group is responsible for merger & acquisition and strategic investment activities. We are seeking an outstanding manager who will participate in all aspects of the deal lifecycle from strategic landscapes, target identification, deal sourcing, analysis, due diligence and execution. The manager will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Development.
The role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, approaches problems in a structured manner, and is comfortable with ambiguity. Top candidates have experience doing extensive financial modeling, preparing highly structured presentations and applying organized, linear thinking. This role will require an ability to work with legal, finance, accounting, tax, HR, IT, business partners and senior leaders.
As a Manager of Corporate Development at Mozilla, you will…
- Conduct in-depth financial and operational analyses including the preparation of internal investment presentation materials
- Create thesis-driven, deep-dives on specific areas of interest that can include market sizing and competitive landscapes
- Do deep-dives on companies that can include financial and strategic analysis in addition to descriptive materials
- Coordinate various due diligence streams
As you develop and grow in the role you will:
- Lead introductory calls with potential investments & targets
- Identify strategic areas of interest for Corporate Development
- Assist in structuring transactions
- Lead conversations with internal and external stakeholders that include some negotiation
Your Professional Profile
- BS/BA degree required
- 2+ years as an analyst at an investment bank or management consulting firm
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Expert level Excel and PowerPoint and good Word skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and maturity to interact with senior executives
- Significant financial modeling experience that includes forecasts and M&A & valuation analysis
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1766
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 5 global offices: San Francisco, Toronto, Paris, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice