- United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Germany
The Mozilla Foundation is a non-profit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all! Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto and in 2020, we launched a multi-year investment strategy focused on advancing “Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence” globally. Our strategic plan on Trustworthy AI is described in greater detail here. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
Our Advocacy team is seeking a Program Manager to manage a series of projects related to Mozilla’s 25 anniversary. This position reports to the Director of Advocacy.
- Working closely with the Director of Advocacy, Executive Director and Corporate Communications firm, manage the Mozilla 25 campaign across Mozilla.
- Coordinate activities across all advocacy programs to ensure strategic alignment with team and organizational priorities
- Work closely with the Director of Advocacy and Advocacy Program Manager to lead planning, systems design, and implementing team processes related to Mozilla 25.
- Research and connect Mozilla Foundation with experts in the field for specific projects
- Write program communications for internal and external stakeholders
- Track budget expenditures across programs and assure compliance with all Mozilla policies and procedures.
- Manage the Advocacy team’s program assistant
- Work with the Program Manager to develop and implement systems for collaboration with teams across Mozilla to drive the integration of communications, marketing and campaigns activity with the work of Mozilla Foundation and Corporation.
- Connect the work of the Communications, Marketing and Campaigns teams with the work of other teams at Mozilla, collaborating with other Program and Project Managers as appropriate.
- Support the development and monitoring of the Advocacy budget and Mozilla 25 budget working closely with the finance team.
- Collaborate with Strategic Operations to develop and implement strategies and systems for how we utilize data and metrics to evaluate the impact of our programs
- Work collaboratively with the team and others across the organization to track progress against program goals, and facilitate program reporting and evaluation.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience tracking projects using various tools, such as Asana, Trello, Airtable (No specific tool experience required.)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to collaborate with a range of people
- Ability to facilitate conversations with differing perspectives and priorities, while connecting proposed work and outcomes to engagement strategy when required.
- Ability to track, coordinate, and prioritize multiple projects on fast-paced schedules
- Ability to adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines and priorities with flexibility and good humor.
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary based on the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, and the mid-point, for this role is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.These four countries are where we most commonly employ staff.
- Germany: €77,973 - €95,300 (mid-point: €86,637)
- UK: £46,884 - £57,302 (mid-point: £52,093)
- Canada: $89,666 - $109,591 (mid-point: $99,629)
- US: $84,308 - $103,043 (mid-point: $93,675)
Depending on the successful candidate’s location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, along with mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £51,103 - £62,459 (mid-point: £56,781)
- Toronto: $96,749 - $118,249 (mid-point: $107,499)
- New York: $93,412 - $114,171 (mid-point: $103,791)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice