- Remote Canada, Toronto Office, Remote Germany, Remote UK, Remote US
The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
Twenty years ago, this meant building a browser and protecting the open web. Today, it also includes making sure AI and data driven technology is more trustworthy. In order to focus on places where Mozilla can impact the next era of our work, we are increasingly working on the topic of trustworthy AI. For us, this means especially two things: human agency is a core part of how AI is built and integrated, and corporate accountability is real and enforced.
As a Senior Executive Program Lead, you will…
- Lead the design and documentation of early stage projects initiated by the Executive Director that do not yet have a clear owner in an existing Mozilla team.
- Act as a start-up or interim project manager for these new initiatives, ensuring projects are well-owned and integrated into the organization. This includes coordinating and leading groups of stakeholders.
- Recruiting and supervising start up teams of staff and contractors for these projects.
- Act as program manager for Pan Mozilla initiatives led by the Executive Director which include teams from Mozilla Foundation and other organizations within the Mozilla portfolio.
- Prepare confidential materials for the Mozilla Foundation Board of Directors and act as secretary to Board committee meetings.
- Support the Executive Director on activities related to Board governance, recruitment and expansion.
- Represent and make day to day decisions on behalf of the Executive Director in partner meetings and relationship building / maintenance where necessary.
- Represent the Executive Director in meetings with contacts that are looking to work with Mozilla and make recommendations and follow up on potential engagement opportunities.
- Identify and help troubleshoot problems during the course of work on internal collaboration, external relationship management and comms support.
- Work alongside the finance team and Executive Director on forecasting and reconciliation of budgets overseen by the Executive Director; manage and oversee budget for board compensation within the Office of the Executive Director’s budget; and ownership of budgets for new initiatives prior to their hand off to other parts of the organization.
Your Professional Profile:
- 3-5 years supporting a senior executive on strategic projects and external engagement, as well as an ability to deal directly with senior partners.
- Experience managing and/or supporting executive-level and/ Board relations.
- Developing press and influencer engagement and messaging plans for senior government officials, non profit or for profit executives.
- Strong diplomacy, writing and planning skills.
- Experience developing project plans and passing off to implementation teams.
- Ability to broker complex relationships and bring people to the table on projects.
- Experience monitoring and reporting against project budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to jump in and lead projects with humility and precision, building social capital and organizational buy-in along the way.
- Preferred: experience with recruitment
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Salary & Benefits information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary based on the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, and the mid-point, for this role is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.These four countries are where we most commonly employ staff.
- Germany: €87,855 - €107,378 (mid-point: €97,616)
- UK: £54,894 - £67,093 (mid-point: £60,994)
- Canada: $99,518 - $121,633 (mid-point: $110,575)
- US: $101,104 - $123,572 (mid-point: $112,338)
We may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary based on the local job market. This would be applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with examples of salary ranges,with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £59,834 - £73,131 (mid-point: £66,483)
- Toronto: $107,379 - $131,241 (mid-point: $119,310)
- New York: $112,023 - $136,917 (mid-point: $124,470)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Pregnancy and Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice