- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada
Are you excited about web technologies and the applications built on them that enrich users’ lives? Do you have a passion for helping engineers do their best work and grow in their careers? Are you interested in learning about compilers and programming languages? Do you want to ship software to a large user base? Do you want your contributions to have a positive impact on the world?
As an Engineering Manager at Mozilla, you will…
Lead the SpiderMonkey team’s effort to grow our innovation process which fuels our future projects and areas of focus
Mentor and guide a diverse team with key skills, empathizing with their needs
Develop and communicate the roadmap, scope and risks of your projects, and lead the delivery of major initiatives on clear timelines
Ensure that the software your team delivers is well planned and of high quality
Advocate on behalf of your team to keep them unblocked at all times and get them the resources they need
Communicate openly within Mozilla, the Firefox user base and open source community
Your Professional Profile:
At least 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience
Proven ability to deliver and maintain complex software projects
Proficiency with software development practices for triage, prioritization, and execution
Strong leadership skills: you can identify the most high value projects and keep your team passionate about these projects
Ability to mentor geographically distributed team members with different skill sets from your own
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1963
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice