- Core Product-Pocket
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote Toronto/Vancouver Area, Remote San Francisco Bay Area
Pocket empowers people to discover, organize, consume, and share content that matters to them. Our apps and platform are essential ways that millions of people discover and consume content on the web.
Pocket is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Product Manager to take our newsletter portfolio to the next level. We are investing across our organization to reimagine and expand our email portfolio. We’re looking for a self-starting strategic thinker who is passionate about newsletters and the content recommendation space, and who has a track record of launching delightful and engaging email experiences.
Are you passionate about providing readers with high quality, relevant digital content? Have you developed and managed email newsletter products, engaging readers while achieving business objectives? If so, we invite you to apply to our position!
What you’ll do
- Develop brand-new newsletter products and reimagine existing ones by crafting end to end product plans, strategies for optimizing engagement, and success metrics
- Drive projects from start to finish, in collaboration with our editorial, engineering, design, and research teams
- Partner effectively with sales, marketing, and the broader product org to reach new audiences and deliver on key business goals
- Clearly communicate product plans, testing efforts, and results to a wide range of audiences, from internal teams to across Mozilla
What you already have
- 4+ years of email newsletter product management experience in the consumer environment
- Deep familiarity with common email and messaging systems and technologies
- A track record of successfully launching, managing, and growing newsletter portfolios
- Experience using mobile notifications as a user engagement and retention channel
- Experience working with editorial/content teams to ensure they have the tools they need to create great email newsletters
- Comfort driving projects from start-to-finish, with multiple partners from diverse subject areas
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice