- Data Organization
- Remote Canada, Remote US
The Data team at Mozilla sits at the intersection of product, marketing, engineering, finance, business, operations, and leadership. We collaborate closely with these partners to create impactful products and make better decisions about our business.
As a Sr. Staff Product Manager, you’ll help us define and evolve the technical systems that support this data work, empowering analytics, reporting, machine learning, experimentation, data exploration, forecasting, and our emerging data products.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Develop product vision, strategy, roadmap and prioritization of requirements for our data platform (including our data collection libraries and custom tools).
- Work with stakeholders in product, engineering, data science, marketing and other groups to understand data needs at Mozilla.
- Work with data engineers and data scientists on the data team to execute product plans and deliver data systems.
- Help build a culture of using data to inform decisions at Mozilla.
What You Bring
- Product Management experience related to data and/or data infrastructure
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and data infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive data ecosystems, platforms and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication ability to influence and drive strategy
- You lead with empathy. You value teamwork and teammates. You are invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive and equitable team culture.
Bonus Points For
- Understanding of common privacy industry standards/regulations (e.g. GDPR)
- Analytics skills and experience, working knowledge of SQL
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice