- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada
The Mozilla Firefox Graphics Team is a highly talented group of engineers dedicated to improving the visual experience of Firefox. We are the team responsible for rendering content and UI of the browser, decoding images, canvas, WebGL, and painting and compositing everything you see on the screen. Are you a highly technical and effective engineer with experience in GPU operations for 2D/3D rendering, game development and fast video playback? Do you enjoy collaborating with experienced, committed engineers to help bring the Open Web to millions of people? If so we'd love to hear from you!
The Graphics Team supports everything revolving around painting content to the screen in Firefox on Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux desktops, so we welcome broad experience across different platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Implement improvements in performance of the WebGPU engine used by Firefox.
- Write software in Rust and C++, including tests and documentation.
- Investigate and propose solutions and architectural changes to improve performance, reliability and reduce power usage.
- Support the Graphics team where and as needed.
- Work closely with other teams within Mozilla and outside of it.
- Participate in regular code reviews.
- Have knowledge of a range of Graphics APIs and shader languages.
- Have knowledge of GPU architectures and design.
- Be proficient in Rust and C++.
- Be a phenomenal teammate.
- Have strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded code.
- Have at least five years of experience as a software engineer.
It helps if you already have experience with, or are keen to learn about:
- Helping and mentoring other team members in your areas of expertise.
- Working in a diverse community spanning many regions and timezones.
- Open source collaboration tools.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice