- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Toronto/Vancouver Area, Remote Canada, Toronto Office, Berlin Office
As a global, mission-based organization, we are engaged in promoting the promise of a free and open Internet with users' needs at its core. The Firefox User Research team's role is to champion the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to drive decision-making. We employ mixed methods to understand business needs and develop user insights to shape product and design strategies and roadmaps.
You will lead strategic research in partnership with product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, as well as other researchers. You will apply qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand users’ experiences, context, motivations, and behaviors, and translate such findings into actionable insights to drive innovation.
- Facilitating a user-centered design and product development process that advocates for users’ needs and perspectives.
- Working with product managers, designers, engineers and other partners to understand business needs and proactively propose research agendas to address knowledge gaps.
- Independently determining project scope and applying appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights.
- Leading the entire research process from ideation to insights, including developing research materials, recruiting, leading research sessions and conducting in-context fieldwork, analysis and reporting .
- Connecting insights and approaches across multiple product areas and data sources to facilitate a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Finding creative ways to present and promote insights throughout the organization, and help cultivate an informed, curious, and empathetic learning culture.
- Shaping User Research capabilities and processes and scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value.
- Mentoring partners and other researchers on the team.
- Has an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods, such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, segmentation, surveys, usability testing, and heuristic evaluation.
- Has had significant experience leading both generative and evaluative research in different phases of product development, from discovery to delivery to optimization.
- Is comfortable leading multiple large-scale, mixed methods research projects simultaneously.
- Has presented user research findings to all levels of an organization and in a range of venues (both internally and externally).
- Is a strong collaborator and communicator, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- Is actively committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in user research.
- Connect insights drawn from research studies to design, technical requirements, and product strategy.
- Communicate research processes, rationales, and findings in a clear and compelling manner.
- Work flexibly and efficiently; exercise a balance between inspiration, bias, and meticulous research in order to move quickly from planning to insights.
- Work closely and in partnership with functional teams to advocate for users.
- Drive clarity and develop plans that affect change.
- Promote the value of research and positively impact decision-making.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice