- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
One of our four commitments is to build “...an internet that includes all the peoples of the earth - where a person’s demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience."Mozilla seeks to build a work environment that values and makes space for our employees, partners, and the broader community to bring their vast experiences to our mission - to improve the internet. Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is at the core of our values.
The Subscription Platform team is looking for a driven and upbeat staff software engineer to help craft, build, and maintain our scalable, high availability systems. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of implementation, as well as collaborating with the product, design, QA, and data analysis teams to determine the best way to expand our capabilities.
The Subscription Platform team helps Mozilla expand its reach beyond the Firefox browser, powering premium services like MDN Plus, Firefox Relay Premium and Mozilla VPN. We have ambitious goals and plenty of passion - come work with us and make an impact.
What You'll Get To Do
- Review code from other team members
- Maintain effective unit tests and documentation
- Make accurate estimates for upcoming work, communicate technical solutions effectively, and report progress
- Work with SRE to resolve production incidents in a timely manner
- Work across multiple teams in the delivery of ambiguous, long running projects: provide mentorship
- Manage and mitigate technical risk concerning your project and the work required to achieve your team's objectives.
- Collaborate with management on team consensus and direction
- Aid and welcome community volunteers and interns
- Work collaboratively remotely or in one of our North American offices
What You Bring
- You have at least 6 years developing and maintaining robust web products
- Proficiency with Frontend development using React
- Proficiency in designing and implementing RESTful web services with Node
- Experience leading others to solve multi-month problems.
- Clear, concise, and effective verbal and written communicator with the ability to share technical details clearly across functions and teams.
- Experience developing with OAuth2/OIDC
- Experience with payment-processing/e-commerce
- Experience with real-time notification systems like message queues.
- Experience with CI/CD, Docker, GraphQL, AWS/GCP and SQL
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice