- Remote US
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
We are currently hiring for a Director of Product Marketing. Reporting to the Senior Director of North American Marketing, you will lead our small but influential Product Marketing team. This is a critical leadership role that will help drive affection for and usage of our products through thought-provoking, inspirational stories and marketing programs.
You’ll coach your team to build deep, collaborative partnerships with our Product teams and build a bridge between product strategy and marketing strategy. And you’ll bring ideas about how we can turn product proof points into meaninging marketing content that drives new user adoption.
You and the team will be constantly pitching new ideas and then leading cross-functional project teams that will turn those ideas into “shippable marketing” each and every week.
A leader and truth-teller who can synthesize complex conversations and bring them back to first principles. But you’re equally high on an EQ scale; you listen and understand your audience in order to influence them. You can hold a room and maintain poise in an executive setting. You’re not bound to the confines of a job description and know that you may play many roles in getting our stories out to prospective customers. You understand what a true marketing strategy is and have demonstrated time and again your ability to build them.
- Hire and develop a best-in-class product marketing team to drive impact across the consumer product portfolio; laying out a vision and scaling the function
- Define a consumer marketing strategies to encourage adoption of new products like Mozilla Hubs
- Partner with research and data teams to build and act on customer segmentation; defining new opportunities to grow features
- Build a trusted partnership with product and business leaders to influence the product roadmap to deliver on customer needs through new features and products
- Lead your team and drive campaigns that contribute direct bottom line impact on revenue and usage
Your Professional Profile:
- 8+ years of professional experience in marketing in a B2C corporate or startup environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience: hiring, managing and developing talent
- Can demonstrate driving successful go-to-market plans that drive product adoption
- Can speak the language of product teams and marketing team with equal fluency
- Regularly lead cross-functional teams where your influence is indirect
- Excellent communication skills
- Truly gifted storyteller
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice