- Remote US, Remote Canada
Senior Manager, Marketing Business Insights & Research:
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven.” Our outstanding corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them to risks.
We are looking for an experienced leader to drive the strategic direction, short- and long-term vision, development, and optimization of Mozilla’s new Marketing Business Insights & Research team.
As Senior Manager of this team you will help scale our global marketing organization by leveraging primary and secondary research to inform business decisions while encouraging a culture that supports action, innovation, and curiosity. In this role you will build the team, contract with external agencies, and run studies when appropriate. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad array of topics including competitor research, brand perception, go-to-market support, and regional expansion. You will help us understand existing audiences and find new growth audiences. From developing our long-term roadmap to completing specific projects, your focus is helping teams get the information they need to make informed decisions and drive growth.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Strategy and Operations and works alongside a diverse and fast moving marketing organization. This is a new team, so validated experiences as a mentor and talent developer should be easy to point to.
What you'll do
- Define & support the team’s vision, mission and strategy
- Develop and implement an operational model that covers the entire lifecycle of marketing research
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our Product Marketers and the wider marketing team to conceptualize and collaborate on key research initiatives
- Develop and run surveys and studies as needed
- Translate data and insights into actions and recommendations, communicating in a concise, honest, and understandable way
- Lead external vendor selection, relationships, contracts, and budgets
- Contribute to the broader team through mentorship around analytical tools and domain knowledge, advance our proficiency in understanding and using data appropriately, and improve how we work with data
- Ensure marketing research studies are both methodologically sound and adhere to current best practices
- Partner with research teams throughout Mozilla to collaborate, share, and build a culture of excellence across teams
Who you are
- 5+ years of proven experience in a BI or comparable role with a focus on supporting the research needs of marketing teams
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills, you are able to break down highly complex problems involving large amounts of data
- Well versed in modern research methodologies and best practices, experience running studies including TURF analysis and market segmentation research
- You are a strong storyteller and can tailor data and insights to different audiences
- Proficient in data visualization and BI tooling (e.g. Looker and Google Data Studio), you can write SQL when needed
- You have strong project management capabilities and can drive multiple work streams of varying complexity
- You lead with empathy and value teamwork and teammates. You are invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive and equitable team culture
- Comfortable leading and collaborating in a fast changing marketing environment
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice