- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote France, Remote Germany, Remote UK
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
One of our four commitments is to build “...an internet that includes all the people of the earth - where a person’s demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience.”
Mozilla seeks to build a work environment that values and makes space for our employees, partners, and the broader community to bring their vast experiences to our mission - to improve the internet. Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is at the core of our values.
A healthy and inclusive internet starts with the tools used to access and discover the Web. On Android, we start by developing applications that give people a choice in their Android browser to experience the Web in an open, safe and healthy environment. Promoting transparency, innovation, inclusion and opportunity from every angle for mobile is at our core.
If you are an experienced app developer and want to contribute to a product that has over 100 million downloads from the Google Play Store, join our team!
What you’ll do
- Design, debug, build, and ship medium to large scale Android solutions that promote a healthy and inclusive internet
- Work closely with specialist Gecko teams to bring browser functionality to Android
- Become a member of a hardworking, diverse, and geographically distributed team delivering Android components, application improvements, and features
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders to understand, define and clarify scope and solidify requirements
- Clearly communicate the engineering development perspective and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical team members
- Define and uphold standards for quality through constructive code reviews, bug fixing, testing, and coding practices
- Provide solutions and feedback to Mozilla's lively and dynamic open source community to improve our Android solutions and support Mozilla’s manifesto
What you bring
- Many years experience building sophisticated applications for a broad and diverse user base using Java, Kotlin OR C++
- You enjoy building scalable and intuitive APIs
- A passion investigating and squashing bugs, and building excellent products
- Experience resolving problems, signaling risk, fostering change, and facilitating collaborative decision-making
- Modern programming practices (code review, unit testing, automation)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to deliver well-designed, reusable, and high-quality code on time
- Desire to work, learn, and grow with an outstanding group of people
Bonus Points for:
- Reading and understanding C++ and/or Rust.
- Unafraid of asking questions, and proposing new ideas if you think they will make a positive impact.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1811
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice