- Remote Germany, Berlin Office
Mozilla is unlike any other technology company in its approach to growth. We are both entrepreneurial and focused on public benefit. We disrupt stale and imbalanced markets by placing people ahead of profits and advocate for shared standards that put the user first. Few in number, we depend on our wits and passion to advance our products and make a difference in the world. We consciously look for ways to be different, including how we present ourselves to the world through storytelling and design, experiences and content.
Help lead the European team in the movement to build a better internet by joining Mozilla as Head of Marketing Activation, Europe. This role reports to our Senior Marketing Director, Europe who is part of the leadership team under Mozilla’s Chief Marketing Officer.
As the Head of Marketing Activation, Europe you will be accountable for keeping Mozilla’s brand and products a part of the cultural conversation in Germany, France and the UK by delivering consumer facing integrated campaigns, partnerships, and advocacy programs with the aim of acquiring new users. You will manage a team of marketing experts who identify and orchestrate the right integrated channel mix, including paid, social, email, and partnerships, to connect our target audiences with regionally relevant stories and measure and report back results. As you find successes you will develop blueprints to scale to additional European markets.
Based in Berlin, this role will form a tight partnership with the European Go-to-Market and Creative Studio teams in setting the overall brand expression, identifying content themes, executing paid media campaigns, developing and distributing content, and building partnerships and agency relationships for the region. You will also collaborate closely with Marketing partners around the world to leverage global learnings and identify new ways to use existing channels as well as new channels to reach our target audiences.
As the Director of Marketing Activation, Europe, you will:
- Manage a dynamic, cross-functional marketing team.
- Develop the overall European activation strategy and oversee the development against audience journeys and channels.
- Lead the strategy and execution of integrated marketing campaigns for our products in France, Germany and UK to acquire new users.
- Lead the paid media, social and owned media team.
- Collaborate with North American Activation team to share best practices and work.
- Collaborate with the European Go-to-Market team to identify key product news and releases and co-create regional briefings to inform Comms, content and advocacy opportunities.
- Collaborate with European Studio & Comms team to create consumer facing narratives and creative messages and creative assets.
- Develop & ship integrated activations that will acquire new user.
- Oversee European marketing agencies in partnership with team for paid media strategy.
- Provide tracking reports, analyze program results and incorporate learnings to establish a rapid learning cycle.
Your Professional Experience and Job Requirements:
- 8+ years relevant experience.
- Excellent in integrated marketing activation experience and comfortable with storytelling across different media and in multiple markets.
- Experience concepting, planning and executing multi-media packages that use the Web to tell stories in immersive ways
- Fluency in English. German and/or French would be a plus (spoken, written).
- Track record of creating disruptive marketing programs that generates new users, including product launches, content marketing and social media.
- Experience in executing Marketing campaigns in multiple European markets/regions.
- Analytical skills and experience to connect insights and data into actionable journeys and messaging that connects with consumers.
- Successful collaboration across time zones and cultural nuances.
- Experience in content, influencer and partnership marketing.
- Ability to leverage a variety of measurement tools (e.g., global brand tracker, social media sentiment, paid media metrics, qualitative and quantitative research).
- Paid media strategy, buying and execution experience.
- Experience as a people manager who knows how to nurture talented people and help them grow while creating a results-oriented culture of openness, agility and iterative experimentation.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice