- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada
At Mozilla, one of our four commitments is to build “...an internet that includes all the people of the earth - where a person’s demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience." Mozilla seeks to build a work environment that values and makes space for our employees, partners, and the broader community to bring their vast experiences to our mission - to improve the internet. Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is at the core of our values.
Working at Mozilla means being part of a community of engineers who care deeply about delivering the fastest, friendliest, most usable browsers for Desktop and Mobile devices.
Our team is geographically-distributed, and working in the open is the norm. We value a culture of learning as we build a platform that enable product teams across Mozilla to make good decisions.
We know that different experiences make engineering teams stronger. If you have made the switch to engineering or are an early career engineer, read on! Even if you don't meet all the criteria below, we'd love to hear from you, learn about your journey and see if your growth path aligns with ours!
What You'll Get To Do
- Work on our experimentation platform from frontend to backend in support of our internal product teams
What You Bring
- You have some experience using C++ or Rust and working with lower level languages brings you joy!
- You are knowledgeable in native app development with Kotlin or Swift
- You have at least 3 years developing and shipping products
- You uphold standards for quality and performance by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and maintaining documentation
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with a remote and globally distributed team, often iterating on ideas asynchronously
- Reading and understanding C++ and/or Rust - or a strong desire to learn
- Unafraid to ask questions, and propose new ideas if you think they will make a positive impact
- A love of helping your colleagues grow and get better at what they do
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice