- Business Development
- Remote US
The Corporate Development Senior Manager is responsible for leading, evaluating and managing strategic investments and acquisitions for Mozilla Corporation. We are on a mission to discover what’s next for the web by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly and have invested in over 20 companies. In this role, you will understand and synthesize trends driving our industry, identify consumer needs, add structure to ambiguous problems, and frame key decisions for product leaders to come up with concrete ideas for strategic investments. You will apply quantitative and qualitative signals to advise and influence Mozilla’s inorganic strategy, with a focus on consumer products (e.g., privacy-centric advertising, search, content, VPN etc.).
You will serve as a liaison, connecting invested companies with people and resources within Mozilla to support their growth in areas like user experience and business development. You will also partner with Mozilla's cross-functional teams and communicate investment lessons to product leaders and executives. Successful candidates for this position will have, or develop, a deep understanding of the product landscape, including trends, players, technologies, and underlying dynamics. You will help build out Mozilla’s Corporate Development team and work closely with Product, Business Development, Marketing, Finance and Innovation to understand Mozilla’s strategic ambitions, needs, and priorities.
- Engage directly with invested companies to prioritize how we can best support them
- Collaborate to identify and champion opportunities for portfolio companies to engage with Mozilla
- Reporting on important portfolio company metrics and progress towards strategic goals
- Detailing standard methodologies and crafting resource libraries
- Help shape inorganic investment strategy for Mozilla by collaborating with Product Development, Business Development and Finance leadership
- Analyze strategic markets and provide intelligence to key executives to build insights and recommendations
- Identify, screen and value investment opportunities
- Drive major aspects of transaction process including valuation, term sheet preparation, due diligence, negotiations
- Steer internal decision making processes and facilitate cross-functional teams to execute strategic investments
- Partner with Product leaders, Finance, Legal, Communications, Policy and Privacy, and People teams to ensure business cases and recommendations are robust, and that relevant considerations are incorporated
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, analytics, engineering, or other related quantitative field; MBA degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years of equivalent experience in corporate development, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, strategy, finance, business operations, or partnerships
- Previous experience working in a Corporate Development Operations role.
- Experience interacting with all parties (such as C-suite, investors, bankers, lawyers, and other third-party advisors) in a transaction setting
- Experience in modeling, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalent)
- Exposure to consumer internet space, including social, communications, media, and entertainment verticals
- Project management skills to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously long-term projects with minimal direction
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills to engage cross-functional and cross-border teams
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to sell ideas across various audiences
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice