- Trust & Security
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote Germany, Remote France, Remote UK
This Manager within our Security Assurance organization will lead the team responsible for assessing, mitigating and managing security risks across Mozilla. You will be responsible for company-wide security initiatives, such as our offensive security and bug bounty programs. You will report to and advise the Chief Security Officer and will be an ambassador for security across the company, serving as a trusted partner who is empowered to make decisions to protect Mozilla and its users. You will need to be a strategic thinker who can identify and drive company-wide security priorities, while at the same time bringing a sophisticated, deep technical understanding to the security challenges Mozilla faces.In this role you will
- Lead a high performing team responsible for company-wide security programs and initiatives, including offensive security testing, risk assessment, security policy, training, bug bounty program management, among others.
- Developing strategies to ensure Mozilla has a comprehensive understanding of the security health of our products, services, and enterprise.
- Lead efforts to develop tools and frameworks to implement that strategy, in partnership with subject matter experts, engineering and operations partners.
- Serve as a trusted partner, advisor, and decision maker on security risk and mitigation strategies.
Your Professional Profile
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience in security, with experience in security controls, risk assessment, applications security, among others.
- 3+ years of people management experience and the ability to develop and mentor team members under your leadership. Prior experience leading development or engineering teams.
- Understanding of risk management concepts and knowledge of state of the art in risk management and security monitoring.
- Good interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice