- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote Germany, San Francisco Office, Toronto Office, Berlin Office
The Firefox team is a community of engineers who care deeply about delivering the fastest, safest, most usable web browser possible. We are responsible for making the things you see in the browser work securely, quickly, and well! As a key contributor on the CTO team, you will help us make fundamental improvements to how Firefox and the Web work, thus strengthening privacy and security for hundreds of millions of users throughout the world.
Do you enjoy working on some of the hardest problems facing the Internet? Do you like to collaborate with smart, creative engineers across the industry and academia? Are you interested in writing performant, secure code, and delivering it to hundreds of millions of people? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Feel good about your work again! Pursue your future while working to protect the future of the internet for everyone, everywhere.
What You'll Get to Do
- Architect and develop cutting edge privacy and security technologies to protect Firefox users.
- Lead Mozilla’s efforts to build secure networking and cryptographic protocols.
- Interact directly with several internal teams, with key technical partners, and with the wider standards community.
- Work at the forefront of security technologies using protocols such as QUIC, TLS, and DoH, as well as new technologies currently under development.
What You Bring
- An extensive development background implementing network, security, and cryptographic protocols.
- Solid skills in at least one systems programming language (C/C++, Rust).
- Good knowledge of security analysis and threat modeling.
- A passion for privacy and security.
- Experience in the design and standardization of Internet protocols, including the iterative writing and implementation of protocol specifications.
- The capacity to lead a small technical team.
- The ability to mentor and inspire junior developers.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice