- Core Product-Operations
- Remote US, Remote Canada
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
At Mozilla, we believe that the “metaverse” – like the internet itself – should be open and accessible to all. That’s why we’re building Hubs!
Hubs empowers communities to gather in safe, private, decentralized virtual spaces where they are in control. Hubs cultivates creativity and connection at a time when online interactions often lack the spontaneity and opportunity to delight, encourage, and build trust between people.
The Hubs team is looking for a Senior User Interface Designer to deeply understand Hubs brand and have the ability to bridge brand, business, and technology goals. Translating brand and UX strategies, functions, and information into emotionally compelling, desirable, and polished final designs that optimize the overall experience and drive user behaviors.
What you'll get to do
Apply user-centered design principles and standard methodologies to produce high-quality visuals such as user interfaces for multiple platforms, illustration, typography, photography, icons, data visualization, style guides, personas, journey-maps, storyboards, and scenarios.
Think big - express a brand’s personality and values experientially, stretching into new territory that goes beyond messaging and style.
Balance business needs and works selflessly to ensure that decisions are always made in the interest of optimizing the user experience.
The successful candidate will
Thrive where sophisticated business goals, product design and development, interaction design, current and new technologies, marketing, and brand strategy converge.
- Own responsibility for day-to-day activities for UI workstreams
- Clearly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
- Encourage and mentor fellow Visual Designers, UX Designers and, 3D Artists
- Use storytelling and design to present to key collaborators
- Have a visual design portfolio demonstrating a clear proficiency in interface design.
- Demonstrate a firm grasp of visual design principles like composition, hierarchy, balance, color.
- Have in-depth experience using Figma to build components, mockups and sketches.
- Understand and follow accessibility guidelines for interface and website design and be able to discuss what factors contribute towards an accessible and inclusive product.
Bonus points for
- Experience with managing Figma component libraries or design systems.
- Experience in producing empathy tools including user journeys, heuristic evaluations and personas.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice