- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote Germany, Remote Canada, Remote US, Berlin Office
- You will collaborate with people across Product, UX, Design, Engineering, QA, Localization, Ops, and Support teams to build and maintain core features within Firefox.
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components of Firefox, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Step up to resolve product issues that impact our users – large and small.
- Write unit tests, automated regression tests, and track defects as they occur. Build performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code.
- Play a key role in improving our software architecture with the goal of increasing quality and maintainability over time.
- Build solid, efficient, and well-tested engineering solutions to complex problems that directly impact users’ security & privacy.
- A strong interest in privacy and security and a desire to get familiar with all the technologies that make the web private and secure.
- Proven knowledge of core web technologies (HTML, DOM, Origins).
- Comfortable exploring solutions to sophisticated problems and working collaboratively to pave the way forward in new problem spaces.
- Creative problem-solvers. You like to take initiative to push projects forward but know when to involve others.
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related program) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed team members.
- Experience working in open source.
- Solid knowledge of web security and privacy concepts or experience working on these areas.
- Working experience with SQL.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice