- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Berlin, Germany
At Mozilla, Release Engineering is the force-multiplier that develops tools to consistently build, test and ship products. We can reliably ship a security fix to > 200M users across different platforms and > 100 locales in under 24 hours. If you find this kind of challenge exciting, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager who can help the team build and maintain scalable microservices that require a minimum of maintenance. If you love automation, building pipelines, and shipping things, you would be an asset to the Mozilla RelEng team!
As a part of this team, the software delivery pipeline becomes your product.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- You will grow a team of engineers through collaborative development planning, coaching
- and empowerment through strategic goals
- Work closely with your team and others across Mozilla to enable a timely release
- shipping pipeline for our portfolio of products (Firefox, VPN, NSS, etc)
- Implement engineering best-practices to guide short and long-term plans
- Nurture a healthy, collaborative engineering culture aligned with our Mozilla manifesto
- Making technical decisions about the code and architecture of our release infrastructure
Your Professional Profile
- You are a manager with a clear focus on managing the development and growth of the
- engineering team but also don’t mind digging into complex systems
- You’ve are familiar with building CI/CD reliable and secure pipelines to transform source
- code into shipped products or are keen to learn what that entails
- You are motivated by the success of your team and thrive when you help people grow
- and shine in the spotlight
- Your engineering experience leverages to help with coaching, growing and developing
- your reports while navigating the decision-making process
- Experience with Python would greatly help, but it's not a blocker
- You’ve worked with cloud providers - e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure - or are passionate about
- learning how to do so at scale
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice