- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada
Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
- The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the planning, architecture, and delivery of major full stack development projects within Firefox.
- We’re looking for a passionate and creative individual to join a distributed team of talented and diverse engineers working to maintain and grow Firefox.
What You'll Get To Do
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components of Firefox, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Play a key role in improving our software architecture with the goal of increasing quality and maintainability over time.
- You will collaborate with people across Product, UX, Design, Engineering, QA, Localization, Ops, and Support teams to build and maintain core features within Firefox.
- Step up to resolve product issues that impact our users – large and small.
- Write unit tests, automated regression tests, and track defects as they occur. Build performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related program; or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience using C/C++/Rust.
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
- Comfortable exploring solutions to complex problems and working collaboratively to pave the way forward in new problem spaces.
- Creative problem solver and risk taker.
Bonus points for
We value a variety of voices. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed team members.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and the Win32 platform, and/or with macOS and the Cocoa platform.
- Experience with front-end web application development (CSS, HTML, DOM and related).
- Familiarity with core web technologies, web security and privacy concepts.
- Working knowledge of Python and/or SQL.
- Previous experience working in open source.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice