- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US
At Firefox, we are looking for an empathetic product leader with deep experience at the intersection of privacy research, technology and design to help define innovative privacy investments that advance the state of internet privacy.
This role will make a significant impact to the privacy of Firefox users, but will also influence the internet ecosystem as a whole.
As Firefox Product Privacy Lead, you'll contribute to a shared multi-platform Firefox product vision, and ensure Firefox advances the industry in both user experience and privacy. We develop privacy capabilities that are usable and meaningfully advance the industry.
Do you believe, in human-centered privacy, do you believe in technology that serves users and are you ready to change that? If so join us.
About Firefox Product Management
We are building a culture of adaptable product leaders who believe in serving customers through our products.
We believe in the value of qualitative data to develop rich insights and continuous measurement through experimentation, data analysis, hypothesis, and tracking metrics.
We believe in privacy from the every day user perspective, and that customers the trade off between privacy and user experience is a false dichotomy.
- Develop ground breaking privacy experiences with world-class engineering and product teams to create experiences that have privacy build in.
- Educate internal and external partners on the role privacy preserving technology plays in assisting user's internet goals.
- Define the roadmap and delivery of privacy and anti-tracking features in Firefox products.
- Consider differing perspectives, incentives, and motivations when crafting privacy technology roadmap so that they can adequately meet user needs.
- Participate in industry wide discussions to help shape the next generation of privacy-preserving standards.
- Bring your full and authentic self!
- A non-profit (Mozilla), our purpose is our mission.
- Be a part of establishing, mentoring, and developing a world-class product management team.
- Receive generous training allocation and continuous learning support.
- Choose your own computing device.
- Shape the future of the internet!
- 10 years of technical product leadership experience on user facing products, including impactful leadership roles on major projects.
- Skill and experience driving technical partner engagements and discussions.
- Creative passion for defining, researching, and piloting innovative product experiences.
- Deep mastery of privacy standards and risk vectors for everyday internet users.
- Drive independently while maintaining alignment to our shared product strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of storytelling complex ideas in written and verbal communication.
- End user empathy.
- Prior experience owning the development of privacy by default product features.
- Prior experience as a leader on fast-growing product teams.
- Experience in driving privacy roadmap and guidelines on big data products.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice