- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Berlin Office
- Work closely with our volunteers and collaborators to manage community driven localization projects.
- Manage, execute and own localization scope, handoffs and handbacks with Mozilla internal clients.
- Streamline the release of localized products by defining testing strategies, prioritizing bug reports, supporting the community of translators.
- Understand how to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-delivery and resource constraints.
- Localization knowledge/experience:
- Knowledge of localization processes, workflows, and most common industry formats.
- Experience working with online translation software, computer assisted translation tools and translation management systems.
- First-hand experience with software and/or web content localization.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Fluency in at least one language other than English.
- Technical skills:
- Ability to read and navigate source code in order to isolate internationalization issues and actively work with developers to identify solutions.
- Experience with GitHub as a platform for both code (version control) and project management.
- Ability to identify tools and set up workflows to automate repetitive tasks using their language of choice.
- Team work:
- Self-motivation, ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Experience working across different teams and timezones.
- Experience with issue tracking software like Bugzilla and Jira.
- Experience with other project tracking tools (Trello, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Python and Bash
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice