- Core Product-Firefox
- Remote Germany, Berlin Office, Remote UK, Remote France, Remote Canada, Remote US
In this role, you are also responsible for:
- Turning conceptual ideas into impactful visual designs that evoke positive emotions, address product goals, follow creative direction and help the team align
- Delivering production-ready specs and following the work through implementation; reviewing resulting data and identifying future improvements with the team
- Being an active UX team member by proposing new ideas, sharing your work early and often, and giving constructive feedback to ensure a cohesive design language
- Preparing evaluative usability tests and design prototypes as well as using existing Firefox research and data to surface insights that help solve business and user problems
- Advocating for and incorporating best practices for inclusive design
We are seeking a team member who:
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates an excellent grasp of visual design principles, high graphic standards, the ability to solve user problems and experience creating design deliverables for product development
- Is detail-oriented and organized, with at least 2-3 years of experience in agile product development and visual interface design across desktop and mobile form factors
- Can manage competing priorities and act on decisions in the face of ambiguity
- Is capable and willing to work in a globally distributed team with colleagues in Europe and North America
- Experience designing for BIPOC communities is a huge plus
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice