- Core Product-Security
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote San Francisco Bay Area, Remote Toronto/Vancouver Area
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla’s Privacy and Security product team is a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.One year after the launch of our flagship product, the Mozilla VPN, the Privacy and Security product team is hard at work building new features and products to add to our portfolio. Since our products can be used by anyone with internet access, every engineer on our team has the ability to provide valuable tools to protect users’ data and contribute to a safer internet.
Our culture promotes participation, innovative thinking, and is inclusive of people from all walks of life. We build comprehensive full-stack software like Mozilla VPN, Monitor, and Relay. We code web services and APIs, web front-ends, browser extensions like Multi-Account Containers, and client-side apps.
What you’ll do
- Build products to help user protect themselves online
- Own significant portions of the front end, developing new features and untangling legacy code
- Collaborate with product, UX, engineering, and research throughout the product development lifecycle
- Provide input into the product development process, advocating for user needs while ensuring clean code
What You Bring
- Many years of professional experience developing web applications
- Fundamental knowledge of online privacy and why it's important
- Exceptional communication and experience collaborating with a distributed engineering team
- Passionate about open source software
- Experience working on cross-platform products
- Prior experience with Agile methodology
- Experience leading projects, creating system architecture documentation, wikis, and diagrams
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice