- Core Product-Security
- Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote San Francisco Bay Area, Remote Toronto/Vancouver Area
Many companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Mozilla’s Privacy and Security product team is a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla Manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional. In the last year, we launched premium services for two of our products, Mozilla VPN and Relay. Having reached customers in over a dozen countries, we are looking to bring on a Senior Product Manager, Growth to craft our customer acquisition strategy and drive the roadmap for current and future subscription offerings.
Are you passionate about the health of the internet and protecting the privacy of the everyday user? Have you led new business ventures or been a catalyst of sustainable growth? Are you entrepreneurial and excited about discovering, prioritizing, and driving wins throughout the customer journey? We would love to talk to you about this critical role within Mozilla’s Privacy and Security product team.
What You'll Do
- Grow the subscriber base of our products though collaboration with executive management, marketing, business development, and customer support
- Partner with commerce teams to improve the conversion funnel though capabilities like referrals and coupons
- Develop scientific experiment recipes for validating the hypotheses of high-impact growth opportunities
- Design and drive product strategy for new products that help user protect themselves online
What You Bring
- Expertise as a product manager with a track record for driving early-stage growth to new customer segments
- Vast experience as a technologist with the ability to communicate at multiple depths about privacy, security, and internet technologies
- A curious and adaptable mind, capable of learning while leading
- A bias towards experimentation
- Your full and authentic self!
- 7+ years of experience in software product growth experience or equivalent.
- Track record of experimentation and contributing to effective go to market activities
- Experience working closely with digital marketing team and acquisition channels
- MBA from an accredited university
- Practical knowledge PII (personally identifiable information) management and industry standards
- Passion for open source technologies and/or online privacy
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
At Mozilla, we’re serving humanity—by maintaining a safe, open internet—while also helping the individual humans employed here to reach their personal and professional goals. With a relatively small team serving hundreds of millions of people, a culture of exploration, and a commitment to mentorship, opportunities abound to learn and grow at Mozilla.
Our values drive our actions
- Purpose is built into our work, with our mission driving every decision
- We challenge assumptions, the status quo, ourselves, and each other
- We are transparent: in our code, our business partnerships, and our everyday interactions
- We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and with perspectives different from our own
- We pair purpose with performance and put people ahead of profit
Our impact is global
- 700+ paid staff from over 30 countries
- Thousands of volunteer contributors across six continents
- 9 global offices: Mountain View, San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Toronto, Paris, London, Berlin, and Beijing
- Hundreds of home offices globally
Our benefits are world-class
- Flexible work environment (nearly half of Mozillians work remotely)
- Industry-leading paid parental leave (up to 26 weeks of fully paid leave for childbearing parents and up to 12 weeks for non-childbearing parents)
- Reimbursement for professional development (up to $3,000/year)
- A work setup including the latest hardware and software of your choice