NSS 3.7.7 Release Notes
17 June 2003
IntroductionNetwork Security Services (NSS) 3.7.7 is a patch release for NSS 3.7. Please refer to the NSS 3.7 Release Notes for the common information. The bug fixes in NSS 3.7.7 are described in the "Bugs Fixed" section below.
Distribution InformationThe CVS tag for the NSS 3.7.7 release is NSS_3_7_7_RTM. NSS 3.7.7 requires NSPR 4.2.2.
See the Documentation section for the build instructions.
NSS 3.7.7 source and binary distributions are also available on ftp.mozilla.org for anonymous ftp download:
- Source tarballs: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_7_7_RTM/src/.
- Binary distributions: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_7_7_RTM/. Both debug and optimized builds are provided. Go to the subdirectory for your platform, DBG (debug) or OPT (optimized), to get the tar.gz or zip file. The tar.gz or zip file expands to an nss-3.7.7 directory containing three subdirectories:
- include - NSS header files
- lib - NSS shared libraries
- bin - NSS Tools and test programs
Bugs FixedThe following bugs have been fixed in NSS 3.7.7. The bugs fixed in NSS 3.7.6 (not available as binary distributions) are also listed.
- Bug 207379: Remove Valicert Class 1 Validation Authority OCSP root certificate. (NSS 3.7.6)
- Bug 208343: Remove Baltimore root certificates. (NSS 3.7.6)
- Bug 204555: CA cert with unusual extension in email signature causes crash.
- Bug 174885: SEC_ASN1DecodeItem returns NULL and SECSuccess.
- Bug 207740: Browser crashes on HTTPS urls - Trunk M140RC1 [@ cert_get_next_general_name].
208996: Remove an assertion in sec_pkcs7_decoder_start_digests().
DocumentationFor a list of the primary NSS documentation pages on mozilla.org, see NSS Documentation. New and revised documents available since the release of NSS 3.7 include the following:
- Build Instructions for NSS 3.7.7 describe the new NSS 3.7.7 CVS tag and other minor changes since NSS 3.7.5.
CompatibilityNSS 3.7.7 shared libraries are backward compatible with NSS 3.7.6, 3.7.5, 3.7.4, 3.7.3, 3.7.2, 3.7.1, 3.7, 3.6.x, NSS 3.5.x, NSS 3.4.x, NSS 3.3.x, and NSS 3.2.x shared libraries. A program linked with NSS 3.7.6, 3.7.5, 3.7.4, 3.7.3, 3.7.2, 3.7.1, 3.7, 3.6.x, NSS 3.5.x, NSS 3.4,.x NSS 3.3.x, or 3.2.x shared libraries will work with NSS 3.7.7 shared libraries without recompiling or relinking. Furthermore, applications that restrict their use of NSS APIs to the functions listed in NSS 3.4 Public Functions will remain compatible with future versions of the NSS shared libraries.
FeedbackBugs discovered should be reported by filing a bug report with bugzilla (product NSS).
You can also give feedback directly to the developers on the IRC
channel #mozcrypto on the server irc.mozilla.org.